Cryo-Cell is a leader in cord blood research and holds more cord blood patents, through its research affiliate, than any other cord blood bank. Its research partners include Stanford University, Saneron-CCEL Therapeutics and many other leading scientific institutions. Cryo-Cell supports research projects that address a broad range of diseases.
Cryo-Cell’s laboratory, medical, and scientific team has been overseen by Dr. Linda Kelley
, the world's preeminent auditor of cord blood bank laboratories. Should there ever be a medical need, Cryo-cell’s clients have the assurance that our team will be by their side to offer advice and support.
Collection, Processing, Cryopreservation Methods
- Cryo-Cell’s collection kit safeguards stem cells during transport approximately 30 times longer than other private cord blood banks when exposed to extreme temperatures.
- To maximize the recovery of stem cells, Cryo-Cell’s laboratory technologists separate stem cells from cord blood using PrepaCyte® CB, the most advanced processing technology in the field. This method depletes up to 99% of the red blood cells and recovers the highest number of Colony-forming Units, which are the stem cells that are the best predictor of patient outcomes.
- Cryo-Cell has the only FDA NDA approved collection bag in the industry. Following the FDA recommendation, it uses heparin-free bags to safeguard clients from complications linked to heparin toxicity and allergy reaction, as well as to maximize the recovery of stem cells.36, 37 The bag is also sterile and C-Section ready.
- Cryo-Cell’s cord tissue collection cup contains sterile saline solution, combined with antibiotics, to best preserve and protect the specimens during transport. Since many cutting edge new studies show that regenerative medicine is most effective with a mix of stem cell types (simulating the team work taking place within our organs and tissues), Cryo-Cell stores the umbilical cord tissue in its entirety to preserve all its cell types to maximize donors’ future health options.
- Cryo-Cell implements the most stringent cryopreservation process. All specimens are overwrapped with an extra layer of protection to avoid cross contamination before being stored in the vapor phase of liquid nitrogen within closely monitored cryogenic freezers, where the temperature is maintained at approximately -196oC.
Facility, Guarantees, and Accreditation
- Cryo-Cell’s state-of-the-art laboratory and storage facility are situated adjacent to its corporate headquarters. This proximity allows its executives to directly oversee the daily operation of the most secured, efficient, and technically advanced facility.
- Cryo-Cell offers the industry’s best $75,000 Cryo-Cell Payment Guarantee.
- Cryo-Cell’s facility is accredited by AABB, the first U.S. (for private use only) cord blood bank to receive FACT accreditation, registered with the FDA, cGMP-/cGTP-compliant and ISO 9001:2008 certified.
- Cryo-Cell’s laboratory operates in accordance with the guidelines set forth by Dr. Linda Kelley, the world’s preeminent auditor of cord blood bank laboratories and the former director of the stem cell laboratory at Harvard’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.