We are proud to announce that we are the first private cord blood bank in the U.S. to receive The Foundation for the Accreditation for Cellular Therapy (FACT) accreditation for voluntarily adhering to the most stringent cord blood quality standards set by any internationally recognized, independent accrediting organization.
The International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT) merged their Standards into a single document covering all aspects of hematopoietic cell therapy (collection, processing and translation). In 2000, FACT partnered with NetCord, a network of non-profit public cord blood banks, to develop international standards for cord blood banking with the goal to establish high quality cord blood banks and improve the quality of the products through study and research.
- A recent Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center study indicated that FACT accreditation of the cord blood bank came out as a positive indicator of outcome of cord blood transplants when considered in multivariate analysis.
For healthcare providers
As a healthcare provider, you can now feel even more confident when recommending us to your patients. Key points when recommending us include
- Using superior processing technology, that captures more healthy stem cells and eliminates more harmful red blood cells per collection than any other cord blood bank.
- Adheres to the highest standards for FACT accreditation.
- Holds more cord blood patents than any other cord blood bank.
For expectant parents
Parents will feel confident in choosing us as their private cord blood bank for the following reasons:
- World’s first cord blood bank to separate and store stem cells in 1992.
- 100% of the specimens released for transplant have been successfully viable upon thaw.
- 500,000 parents worldwide from 87 countries that have entrusted Cryo-Cell to safeguard their families’ future health.
Why we did it
We strive to ensure our stem cell collections are the best in the industry. Achieving FACT accreditation demonstrates our success thus far and commitment to excellence. In order to comply with FACT standards we have taken the following steps:
1Through Cryo-Cell’s ownership in Saneron CCEL Therapeutics.
- State-of-the-art, insulated collection kit that protects cord blood specimens 30x longer under extreme conditions than competitors’ kits.
- Continuous temperature monitoring of kit.
- Storage of two extra maternal blood tubes, plasma and red blood cells from cord blood to provide additional future testing. These changes help to ensure the client has the best probabilities of being able to utilize their specimen for a transplant as well as participate in clinical trials.